Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Current State of the Ninjago Theme

Hellego! In 2011, Lego released a new theme that was going to be one of the most successful Lego themes of all time. It was called Ninjago, Masters of Spinjitzu.

A part of my personal collection of Ninjago

 
It was very popular and had their own building sets along with spinner packs to play the Spinjitzu game. The Spinjitzu spinner game was very popular and included playing cards, booster packs, collectible spinners, minifigures and accessories. In 2013, Lego announced they were going to cancel the theme, only to start producing the sets again in 2014.

Since then, Lego has stopped the Spinjitzu element of Ninjago and is only selling building sets which I find is very disappointing. The main part of the Ninjago theme that I really liked was the whole Spinjitzu spinners part. I really liked the game and played it a lot with different people. I really liked the cards and all the different accessories you would get with them. Today, I feel like the Ninjago theme is dead. I think Lego made a huge mistake by "canceling" the theme only to bring it back. I think it is very strange they made this move because the theme was so popular. Today, the theme is far from being as popular as it was before. I do not hear much about the TV series and now Lego is only producing sets that have different vehicles.

I think it's sad to see how a great theme that had lots of success has become so unpopular. I remember going to the Ninjago tour to play Spinjitzu with other Ninjago fans, getting a free spinner pack, getting a medal and a VIP pass. I remember how excited I was to get my hands on the Green Ninja spinner. I loved getting the new cards, a new figure and spinner and getting to play against other people. Spinjitzu was so much fun! Now, the theme has disappeared in a way and I don't think it will ever be the way it was two years ago.

I just felt like sharing my thoughts and feelings on this theme because I loved this theme and I realised a couple weeks ago how I am not hearing much about it. I went on the Lego shop website and realised that the spinners were gone and I found it very disappointing. Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know your feelings about the Ninjago theme today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.