Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lego MOC - Nativity Scene, The Barn Where Jesus was Born

Hellego! Since it is Christmas time, I wanted to make a Christmas creation. Instead of making your classic Santa Clause, Christmas tree, etc, I decided to make what actually started the Christmas tradition. The birth of Jesus Christ!

Jesus was born in a manger in a barn with his two parents, Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem. He was born in a manger because there was no more room in the Inn. The shepherds were told by an angel that a savior was born. They went to the barn and saw Jesus. They placed their sheep along with the other animals like cows and horses around Jesus to keep him warm. Three wise men were alerted by a star that Jesus, the new king was born. They followed the star and brought with them Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh to give as gifts to Jesus.

To me, as a Christian, I think it is important to know why we celebrate Christmas. I think that my MOC that represents the classic Nativity Scene that we put close to the Christmas tree represents this event really well. I made sure I represented all the characters that were there. I also made sure that every aspect was accurate and in proportion. I have to say that it was not easy to make the roof.

Here are some pictures and a video showing you in detail how I made it.

Full view of my creation.


Mary and Joseph around the manger that their newborn child is in.


 
Side view of the barn. You can see a big stack of hay. As I will explain in my video, there are different colors on the wall because it is made with different materials.


Back view of the barn. You can see how I made the wall so that it lets the roof slant.


Side view of the barn. You can see the roof vary well from this angle. You can observe that it is made of wood and hay.


A good view inside the barn. You can see the manger with baby Jesus, a pile of hay and a sheep.



Another inside view.


Here is the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can type in your comment and then, beside "comment as", click on the arrow and select "anonymous" or "name/URL". For the last one, I suggest you just enter in your name. Also, there is a little bug. You have to double click on "post comment". Not just one click or if not it will not work.